Bangladesh travel

Travel tips, help and support – Bangladesh travel tips


If you are abroad and need emergency help from the UK government, contact the nearest UK embassy, ​​consulate or high commission. If you need urgent help because something has happened to a friend or relative abroad, contact the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) in London on 020 7008 5000 (24 hours).

Checklist for overseas travel

Read our overseas travel checklist to help you plan your overseas trip and stay safe during your stay.

Travel security

The FCDO Travel tips help you make your own decisions about overseas travel. Your safety is our main concern, but we cannot provide personalized advice for individual trips. If you are wondering whether or not you can travel safely, you should read the travel advice for the country or territory you are traveling to, as well as information from other sources you have identified, before taking your own decision on whether to travel. Only you can decide if it is safe to travel.

Where we determine that the level of risk to UK nationals in a particular location has become unacceptably high, we will indicate on the travel advice page for that country or territory that we are not recommending all but essential travel. Learn more about how the FCDO assesses and categorizes risks in advice to foreign travelers.

Our Crisis Abroad page suggests additional things you can do before and during a trip abroad to help stay safe.

Refunds and cancellations

If you wish to cancel or modify a stay that you have booked, you must contact your travel agent. The issue of refunds and cancellations is a business for you and your travel agent. Travel agencies themselves decide whether or not to offer refunds to customers. Many of them use our travel tips to help them make those decisions, but we don’t tell travel companies when or not they can offer a refund to their customers.

For more information on your rights if you wish to cancel a stay, visit the Citizen’s Advice Bureau website. For help resolving issues with a flight reservation, visit the Civil Aviation Authority website. If you have any questions about travel insurance, contact your insurer and if you are not satisfied with their response, you can complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Registering your travel details with us

We no longer require people to register with us before traveling. Our overseas travel checklist and overseas crisis page suggest things you can do before and during an overseas trip to plan your trip and stay safe.

Previous versions of FCDO travel tips

If you are looking for a previous version of the FCDO travel tips, visit the National Archives website. Versions prior to September 2, 2020 will be archived as FCO Travel Tips. If you can’t find the page you’re looking for, send a request to the Travel Advice team.

Further help

If you are a UK national and have a question about overseas travel that is not covered in our advice for overseas travelers or elsewhere on GOV.UK, you can submit a request. We are unable to provide personalized advice for specific trips.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.